May WIPs and queue check

Here comes the dreaded WIP post. I’ve just checked, and it’s been two months since the last one. Really not that much material advance has been made since then. I have already told the story of my at last finished Karusellen hat. It took literally three hats-worth of knitting, frogging and re-knitting to finish this one, so I guess, that makes for a few weeks of knitting time. It was totally worth it though! So, with the Karusellen off the needles, here is the rest of the news from the knitting front:

1. Coda sweater: Is almost finished. When I started this project, I wasn’t exactly sure if the yarn (originally to become something else) would be enough. So it happens, it wasn’t. I ran out of yarn upon knitting the right sleeve, and decided to save the day, by frogging and re-knitting the left sleeve, so now both sleeves are shorter than they should be, but at least they are equal length. I’ve just finished up the seaming together the pieces, and lo and behold, the sweater fits! It is perhaps a bit weird in the back, but hopefully the situation will improve after blocking. Now I’m left with the neck ribbing (is there enough yarn???), and our favourite weaving in yarn ends. All is looking (fairly) goof got finished sweater to be no.2!

Mental note: I shouldn’t forget that Chan would make a terrible fashion photographer. No more attempts at wearing FOs for photos.

2. Striated scarf: With the Karusellen done, this is my new knit-on-the-go project, and a much more suitable one too. To be honest, I’ve even cheated a little, and have been knitting this at home a bit, enjoying the mindless stitching away, not having to pay attention to more than the rhythmic alternations of stitches. No row and counts, no several pages long pattern to follow. With that said, I’m almost halfway done and using leftover yarn from the Carpino. There you go stash!

3. Knitting basket: So this was the improvised project with NZ wool, which I was so proud of. Well… I have conveniently packed it away a few weeks back when we were having people over for barbecue, and haven’t even looked at it since. The fact is, I’ve used up all my yarn, which means it is time for assessment.  And  I have to say, I don’t find the result entirely satisfying. Simply the basket is not firm enough, and I would also like it to be taller. Regarding the firmness issue, I have to try and felt a swatch and see what happens. In terms of shape/size, now that I’m on the frogging spree though, I might as well take the courage and start all over again, with a smaller circumference, so the same amount of yarn yield a taller and more bucket-like shape. I guess, I can also try going down in needle size, which might help with firmness.

4. Little Wave Cardigan: No progress whatsoever, but sooon! With the Code almost finished, this is going to jump to the top of the list!!!

4 thoughts on “May WIPs and queue check

  1. Pingback: June WIP and queue check | woolventures

Leave a comment

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s